This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,712 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3765 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Ward, John Horace of Birkenhead and Liverpool. A brief document giving some working dates for John Horace Ward of Birkenhead and Liverpool and showing 4 photos of a watch by him. (Updated 28 Aug 2014)
- Rutherford, Francis of Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland A brief document giving some working dates for Francis Rutherford of Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland. (27 Aug 2014)
- Stafford, William of Dublin. A brief document giving some working dates for William Stafford of Dublin and 2 photos of a longecase clock by him. (Updated 27 Aug 2014)
- Darke, John of London, Holsworthy & Barnstaple, Devon. A brief document giving some working dates for two makers with the name John Darke of London, Holsworthy & Barnstaple. There are 4 photos of a clock by him on this page. (Updated 27 Aug 2014)
- Carruthers, George of Langholm, Scotland. A brief document giving some working dates for George Carruthers of Langholm (Updated 27 Aug 2014)
- Carter, John of Cornhill, London A brief document giving some working dates for John Carter of London and shows 3 photos of a marine chronometer by him. (Updated 26 Aug 2014)
- Wheeler, Thomas of Preston A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Wheeler of Preston. (Updated 23 Aug 2014)
- Barrow, John of London A brief document giving some working dates for John Barrow of London and shows 3 photos of a longcase clock by him. (Updated 23 Aug 2014)
- Garside, Edward of Macclesfield, Cheshire. A brief document giving a single working date for Edward Garside of Macclesfield, Cheshire and shows 3 photos of a longcase clock. (22 Aug 2014)
- Thomas, James of Chester A brief document giving some working dates for James Thomas of Chester. This page shows 3 photos of a clock by him. (Updated 22 Aug 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock