This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,646 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3740 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Anderson, Joshua Brown of Byker, Newcastle, Northumberland A brief document giving some working dates for Joshua Brown Anderson of Byker, Newcastle . (07 Mar 2014)
- Laurence or Lawrence, Daniel of London An apparently undocumented maker or retailer, there is a single photo of a clock with this name on it on this page. If anyone has information on this person/company or trademark, please let us know. There is FREE access to this page. (Updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Harper, Alfred of Lincoln, Birmingham, Southampton, Winchester and London. A brief document giving some working dates for Alfred Harper of Lincoln, Birmingham, Southampton, Winchester and London. (Updated 05 Mar 2014)
- Randle, William of Coventry, Warwickshire. A brief document giving some working dates for William Randle of Coventry. (Updated 02 Mar 2014)
- Lawson, John of Bradford (and Keighley, Wilstin & Bingley). A brief document giving some working dates for two makers with the name John Lawson of Bradford (and Keighley, Wilstin & Bingley).There are 5 photos of a longcase clock by one of them. (Updated 28 Feb 2014)
- Jump, J & A of London. A brief document giving some working dates for J & A Jump, of London. (Updated 28 Feb 2014)
- Wainwright, John of Ormskirk A brief document giving some working dates for John Wainwright of Ormskirk and 3 photos of a watch possibly by him and his son. (Updated 26 Feb 2014)
- Fairweather, Thomas or Turnbull of Gateshead, Durham A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas or Turnbull Fairweather of Gateshead.This page shows 2 photos of a longcase clock by him. (Updated 25 Feb 2014)
- Gordon, Alex of Dublin. A brief document giving some working dates for two makers with the name Alex Gordon of Dublin. (Updated 24 Feb 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock