This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,726 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3784 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Potts, William (and Sons) of Leeds, Yorkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for William Potts of Leeds, Yorkshire and four photos of a turret clock by him. (29 Sep 2014)
- Rothwell, John of Ormskirk, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for John Rothwell of Ormskirk, Lancashire.The page also shows 2 photos of a clock by him. (Updated 29 Sep 2014)
- Martlew, Richard of Ormskirk, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for Ridchard Martlew of Ormskirk, Lancashire and six photos of a clock by him. (Updated 29 Sep 2014)
- Smith, Jasper of London A brief document giving some working dates for Jasper Smith of London. This page shows 2 photos of a clock by him. (26 Sep 2014)
- Nethercott, George of Wantage and Hyfield, Berkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for George Nethercott of Wantage and Hyfield, Berkshire. (25 Sep 2014)
- Quilliam, Samuel ( and Sons) of Liverpool, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for Samuel Quilliam and Sons of Liverpool. (24 Sep 2014)
- Adcock, John W. of Watton and East Dereham, Norfolk. A brief document giving some working dates for John W. Adcock of Watton and East Dereham, Norfolk. (23 Sep 2014)
- Gorden, James of Liverpool An apparently undocumented maker or retailer. If anyone has information on this person/company or trademark, please let us know, this page shows 4 photos of a watch with this name on it. There is FREE access to this page. (23 Sep 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock