This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,733 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3788 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Swinden and Sons of Birmingham. A brief document giving some working dates forSwinden and Sons of Birmingham. (25 Oct 2014)
- Hirt, Titus of Kensal New Town, Middlesex A brief document giving some working dates for Titus Hirt of Kensal New Town. (22 Oct 2014)
- Davy, John Mayes of Fakenham, Norfolk. A brief document giving some working dates for Davy, John Mayes of Fakenham. It shows five photos of a longcase clock by him. (21 Oct 2014)
- Herring Joseph, of London A brief document giving some working dates for two makers with the name Joseph Herring of London. (Updated 18 Oct 2014)
- Wainwright Family of Nottingham A brief document giving some working dates for the Wainwright Family of Nottingham and showing 8 photos of a longcase clock by John Wainwright (Updated 17 Oct 2014)
- Burr, John of Bedford, Bedfordshire. A brief document giving some working dates for John Burr of Bedford. (Updated 17 Oct 2014)
- White, William of Aswarby, Lincolnshire. A brief document giving some working dates for William White of Aswarby and 8 photos of 2 clocks by him. (Updated 14 Oct 2014)
- Trotter, Alexander of Jedburgh, Scotland and Berwick-upon-Tweed? A brief document giving some working dates for Alexander Trotter of Jedburgh and 4 photos of 2 longcase clocks by him. (Updated 14 Oct 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock