This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,733 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3786 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Hayward, Edward of Folkestone, Kent. A brief document giving some working dates for Edward Hayward of Folkestone, Kent. (Updated 27 Jan 2015)
- Selwood or Sellwood, William of Lothbury, London. A brief document giving some working dates for William Selwood or Sellwood of Lothbury and 3 photos of a lantern clock by him. (Updated 26 Jan 2015)
- Peckover, Richard of London. A brief document giving some working dates for Richard Peckover of London. (Updated 25 Jan 2015)
- Harrocks, Joshua of Lancaster A brief document giving some working dates for two makers with the name Joshua Harrocks of Lancaster. There are also 2 photographs of a clock with this maker's name on it. (Updated 24 Jan 2015)
- France, Richard of Warrington, Lancashire A brief document giving some working dates for Richard France of Warrington.There are two photographs of a longcase clock by this maker. (Updated 22 Jan 2015)
- Dutton of Fleet Street, London A brief document giving some working dates for Dutton of Fleet Street, London. (Updated 20 Jan 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock