This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,744 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3797 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Bushell, Matthew of Aston by Budworth, Cheshire A brief document giving some working dates for Matthew Byshell of Aston-by-Budworth and 8 photos of 2 longcase clocks by this maker (Updated 21 May 2015)
- McAdam, Robert of Dumfries, Dunfies-shire, Scotland. A brief document giving some working dates for 2 makers named Robert McAdam of Dumfries. (18 May 2015)
- Bartley, Andrew of Bristol A brief document giving some working dates for Andrew Bartley of Bristol. (Updated 18 May 2015)
- Wakefield family of Gateshead A brief document giving some working dates for the Wakefield family of Gateshead and showing 3 photos of a watch by E. Wakefield. (Updated 14 May 2015)
- Winstanley Family of Holywell, Wales A brief document giving some working dates for the Winstanley Family of Holywell and shows 7 photos of 2 clocks by them. (Updated 14 May 2015)
- Bartley, Mark of Bristol. A brief document giving some working dates for Mark Bartley of Bristol. (Updated 14 May 2015)
- Edwards of Islington An apparently undocumented maker or retailer. If anyone has information on this person/company or trademark, please let us know. There is FREE access to this page. (Updated 13 May 2015)
- Rowe, John of Guernsey A brief document giving some working dates for two makers called John Rowe of Guernsey. (Updated 11 May 2015)
- Baab, John Martin of London A brief document giving some working dates for John Martin Baab of London. (Updated 11 May 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock