This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,738 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3791 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Bracebridge of London A brief document giving some working dates for Bracebridge of London and showing 6 photos of 2 pocket watches by them. (Updated 27 feb 2015)
- Parsons Family of Bristol. A brief document giving some working dates for Parsons of Bristol.This page shows 3 photos of a pocket watch by one of them. (Updated 27 Feb 2015)
- Kent, John of London A brief document giving some working dates for John Kent of London (26 Feb 2015)
- Settle Family of Coventry. A brief document giving some working dates for the Settle Family of Coventry. (Updated 26 Feb 2015)
- Heron, William of Newtownards and Liverpool A brief document giving some working dates for this maker and showing 3 photos of a longcase clock. (Updated 26 Feb 2015)
- Winder, Richard of Derby A brief document giving some working dates for Richard Winder of Derby. This page shows 1 photo of a clock by him. (26 Feb 2015)
- Norbury Clock and Watch Co of London An apparently undocumented maker or retailer. If anyone has information on the Norbury Clock and Watch Co, please let us know. There is FREE access to this page. (Updated 25 Feb 2015)
- Mawkes, Thomas of Derby, Chesterfield and Belper. A brief document giving some working dates for this maker and 6 photos of 3 longcase clocks by this maker. (Updated 25 Feb 2015)
- Taylor, Thomas Lee of Pontefract, Yorkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Lee Taylor of Pontefract and shows 3 photos of a regulator by him. (Updated 23 Feb 2015)
- Shepley, John of Stockport, Lancashire. A brief document giving the working dates for at least two makers with the name John Shepley of Stockport and shows two photographs of a longcase clock by this maker. (Updated 20 Feb 2015)
- Thompson, Philip of Woodbridge, Suffolk. A brief document giving some working dates for Philip Thompson of Woodbridge, Suffolk. (19 Feb 2015)
- Davies, C.W. of London. A brief document giving some working dates for C.W. Davies of London. (17 Feb 2015)
- Bevan, Edward of Birkenhead, Cheshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Edward Bevan of Birkenhead, Cheshire and shows 2 photos of a stopwatch by him. (16 Feb 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock