This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,706 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3760 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Haynes, of Stamford, Lincolnshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Haynes, of Stamford and showing 4 photos of a longcase clock by them. (28 Jul 2014)
- Jefferis, John of Cirencester, Gloucestershire, Worcester, Worcestershire. A brief document giving some working dates for John Jefferis of Cirencester, Gloucestershire, Worcester, Worcestershire. (24 Jul 2014)
- Murphy, Jeffrey of Dublin, Ireland. A brief document giving some working dates for Jeffrey Murphy of Dublin, Ireland with 4 photos of a watch by him. (24 Jul 2014)
- Gillett & Johnston (previously Gillett & Bland) A brief document giving some working dates for Gillett & Johnston (previously Gillett & Bland) and shows 2 photos of a clock by them. (Updated 22 Jul 2014)
- Muncaster, William of Egremont and Douglas, Isle of Man. A brief document giving some working dates for William Muncaster and shows 5 photos of a watch by him. (Updated 15 Jul 2014)
- Crawshaw, Thomas of Retford, Nottinghamshire. A brief document giving the working dates for Thomas Crawshaw of Retford and shows 5 photos of 2 clocks by him (Updated 15 Jul 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock