This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,710 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3763 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Storr, Marmaduke of York and London. A brief document giving some working dates for 2 makers called Marmaduke Storr of York and London. (Updated 18 Aug 2014)
- Pearce, Thomas of Chard, Somerset. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Pearce of Chard and there are 4 photos of a clock by him on this page. (Updated 15 Aug 2014)
- Giroust, Alexander of London. A brief document giving some working dates for Alexander Giroust of London. This page shows 1 photo of a clock by him. (14 Aug 2014)
- Daniel Pailthorp of Grimsby, Lincolnshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Pailthorp, Daniel of Grimsby, Lincolnshire. (12 Aug 2014)
- Taylor, David of London A brief document giving some working dates for David Taylor of London. (Updated 12 Aug 2014)
- Brown, H L & Son of London, Sheffield, Derby, Leeds & Doncaster A brief document giving some working dates for H L Brown & Son.This page shows a photograph of a clock by them. (Updated 07 Aug 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock