This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,754 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3808 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Scanlan, Robert of Preston, Lancashire A brief document giving some working dates for Robert Scanlan of Preston. (03 Sep 2015)
- Perigal & Dut(t)errau of London. A brief document giving some working dates for Perigal & Dut(t)errau of London. (Updated 01 Sep 2015)
- Freeman, Richard of Lechlade, Gloucestershire. A brief document giving some working dates for Richard Freeman. (Updated 28 Aug 2015)
- Fisher, John of Bilston, and West Bromwich, Staffordshire. A brief document giving some working dates for John Fisher of Bilston and a photo of a longcase clock by him. (Updated 28 Aug 2015)
- Dobie, John of Tanfield, Co. Durham. A brief document giving some working dates for John Dobie of Tanfield. (Updated 26 Aug 2015)
- Clarke, George of London A brief document giving some working dates for several makers named George Clarke of London. There are 8 photos of 2 watches and a clocks by them. (Updated 24 Aug 2015)
- Corrall, William of Lutterworth, Leicestershire. A brief document giving some working dates for William Corrall of Lutterworth, and 3 photos of a watch by him. (Updated 23 Aug 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock