This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,694 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3747 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Cope, Joseph of Nottingham A brief document giving some working dates for Joseph Cope of Nottingham. (Updated 17 Apr 2014)
- Watson, Henry of London. A brief document giving some working dates for Henry Watson of London. (16 Apr 2014)
- Pluvier, Isaac of London A brief document giving some working dates for Isaac Pluvier of London. (14 Apr 2014)
- Monk, William of Berwick Saint John, Wiltshire. A brief document giving some working dates for William Monk of Berwick Saint John and 3 photos of a clock by him. (Updated 11 Apr 2014)
- Fletcher, Thomas of Barnsley A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Fletcher of Barnsley and 5 photos of a longcase clock by him. (Updated 11 Apr 2014)
- Blackwood, of North and South Shields, Northumberland. A brief document giving some working dates for three makers with named Blackwood of North and South Shields, plus 6 photos of a longcase clock. (Updated 11 Apr 2014)
- Hepton, William of Northallerton, Yorkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for William Hepton of Northallerton.This page has 3 photos of clocks by him. (Updated 10 Apr 2014)
- Sach, Edmund of London A brief document giving some working dates for Edmund Sach of London. (09 Apr 2014)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock