W.M. Stevenson (Maidstone) Tall case

Please use this forum to either request or add information on a BRITISH or IRISH watch or clockmaker. Request for makers from other countries will be removed from the forum. Please be aware that if a link to an existing page on or website is given in the reply you will need to be a subscriber to the website to view the page. Registration to this forum does not give you access to the website pages.
Forum rules
Please only request details of Britsh and Irish makers, queries about makers from other countries will be removed.
Any personal attacks will be removed and the person banned from the forum.
No advertising of goods is allowed.
Babineu1

W.M. Stevenson (Maidstone) Tall case

Post by Babineu1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 pm

W.m. Stevenson clockmaker from Maidstone
I am searching for information regarding the above clockmaker. I have found a J. Stevenson but no mention of W.M. Stevenson. We have had a tall case clock of this clockmaker for over 50 years ....finally, a research project as I have time. Does anyone have information on quality, dates of manufacturer? The clock is almost in original condition and works great. The bottom had to be replaced several years ago.....thank you for your time.....any information would be appreciated!

requests@clockswatches.co.uk
Site Admin

Re: W.M. Stevenson (Maidstone) Tall case

Post by requests@clockswatches.co.uk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 am

We have found a William Stevenson working in East Lane, Maidstone around 1756-61. In 1756 his shop was broken into and 5 watches were stolen.
His quality of workmanship is something we have no experience of. This information will be made into a page and added to the website so if you have any photos of your clock that we could add to the page please send them to requests@clockswatches.co.uk

Babineu1

Re: W.M. Stevenson (Maidstone) Tall case

Post by Babineu1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Does anyone have information regarding this clockmaker?