Jacob Levy of Truro

Please use this forum to either request or add information on a BRITISH or IRISH watch or clockmaker. Request for makers from other countries will be removed from the forum. Please be aware that if a link to an existing page on or website is given in the reply you will need to be a subscriber to the website to view the page. Registration to this forum does not give you access to the website pages.
Forum rules
Please only request details of Britsh and Irish makers, queries about makers from other countries will be removed.
Any personal attacks will be removed and the person banned from the forum.
No advertising of goods is allowed.
KellyofCornwall

Jacob Levy of Truro

Post by KellyofCornwall » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:38 pm

I’m a relative of clockmaker, Jacob Levy of Truro, who built clocks between 1822-47 in Truro. I would like to find one of his clocks for purchase. I’ve seen two grandfather clocks listed when I searched on Google which have been sold. One was through Masons Antiques who I’ve contacted. Would anyone have advice who could help me find one of his clocks? Thanks in advance!

requests@clockswatches.co.uk
Site Admin

Re: Jacob Levy of Truro

Post by requests@clockswatches.co.uk » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 am

Unfortunately, I don't know of any central list of who is selling what. You are doing the best option, keep watching Google at least once a week and wait for one to come up for sale. Luckily, Google does seem to monitor the auction house sale quite well.

Tony

KellyofCornwall

Re: Jacob Levy of Truro

Post by KellyofCornwall » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks Tony! Appreciate your reply.