Fred D. Frost - Winchester

Please use this forum to either request or add information on a BRITISH or IRISH watch or clockmaker. Request for makers from other countries will be removed from the forum. Please be aware that if a link to an existing page on or website is given in the reply you will need to be a subscriber to the website to view the page. Registration to this forum does not give you access to the website pages.
Forum rules
Please only request details of Britsh and Irish makers, queries about makers from other countries will be removed.
Any personal attacks will be removed and the person banned from the forum.
No advertising of goods is allowed.
Trixie

Fred D. Frost - Winchester

Post by Trixie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Hello,

I own an ornate grandfather clock dated 1887, designed, carved and made by Fred.D. Frost of Winchester. I have not been able to locate any information on him at all. It is said that it was designed and made by Mr. Frost and his son, a cabinet maker whose name I do not know. It plays 2 different melodies. I appreciate any assistance in this matter.

requests@clockswatches.co.uk
Site Admin

Re: Fred D. Frost - Winchester

Post by requests@clockswatches.co.uk » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:27 am

We have found a maker named F. D. Frost who was working as a clockmaker in Great Minster Street or The Square, Winchester between about 1927 and 1939. This address had been used be for then by David Frost between 1867 and 1923.

Trixie

Post by Trixie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Thank you! that gives me a valuable lead to track more information on this lovely piece

requests@clockswatches.co.uk
Site Admin

Post by requests@clockswatches.co.uk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:40 am

Our website has a page about David Frost and his on Frederick which gives a lot of information about the family.
Do you have photos of your clock you could sent us to add to the page?