Hugh Hall Cochran-Irish Clock Maker fro Lurgan Co Armagh

Please use this forum to either request or add information on a BRITISH or IRISH watch or clockmaker. Request for makers from other countries will be removed from the forum. Please be aware that if a link to an existing page on or website is given in the reply you will need to be a subscriber to the website to view the page. Registration to this forum does not give you access to the website pages.
Forum rules
Please only request details of Britsh and Irish makers, queries about makers from other countries will be removed.
Any personal attacks will be removed and the person banned from the forum.
No advertising of goods is allowed.
Heppy77

Hugh Hall Cochran-Irish Clock Maker fro Lurgan Co Armagh

Post by Heppy77 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Can anyone fill me in about Either Edward Cochran from Belfast in the late 1700 who was a Watch and Clock Maker, and for a short time joined Robert Shaw. in Belfast. Are there any of Edward Cochran's watches or clocks still around I would love to see one. Also Hugh Hall Cochran born 1805 in Lurgan Co Armagh, who became a Watch and Clock maker .
Please help me with these 2 people I would be very grateful.
Regards,
Heather Graham

requests@clockswatches.co.uk
Site Admin

Re: Hugh Hall Cochran-Irish Clock Maker fro Lurgan Co Armagh

Post by requests@clockswatches.co.uk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Heather,
There is a page on the website about this family of makers (https://www.clockswatches.co.uk/showpage.php?em=381). The page details are below. When you click on the makers name you will be asked to subscribe for £2.50. This is to help pay for the website upkeep.

Cochran & Shaw of Belfast - see Cochrane Family of Lurgan, New Ross, Belfast, Portadown and Tanderagee (A brief document giving some dates for at least 3 generations of clock and watch makers in the Cochrane (or Cochran) family. This page shows 5 photos of a clock by one of them.)

I hope this helps
Tony